October 30, 2009

Reading and the College Student

So obviously as a college student you don’t have much leisure time to read. Being a graduate student you have even less. Add in being a single mother and working almost full time and you can kiss any leisurely reading goodbye. And yet today I managed to find time to read a book from start to finish. Granted, the book is a young adult novel but it’s a really interesting series. I know plenty of “grown-folks” who love it.

It’s a series known as The House of Night by P.C. and Kristin Cast, a mother-daughter duo. It’s a book about a vampire finishing school and a young lady named Zoey Redbird who is the most powerful vampire fledgling their world has ever known. The book that I read is the 6th in the series and is called Tempted. It came out last Tuesday.

tempted

I won’t say what happens in this book but can I just say I was completely shocked at what happened at the end?!?!?! I’m still having a hard time grasping it and feel like I don’t really know what to do with myself at the moment. I will say though that the book was very reminiscent of the scene with the Volturi in New Moon by Stephanie Meyer. That’s all I’m going to say.

If you have some free time, read the series starting from the beginning with Chosen. You won’t be disappointed.


I would move on to something even more interesting-my boy in his Halloween Costume but….we’re about to start making sock puppets! As Jayden would say, “See Ya Real Soon!!!!”

No comments:

Post a Comment