As a doctoral student, a lot of your time is spent on research because part of the reason one goes for an terminal degree is to advance the current level of knowledge in the field. And as a doctoral student, I actually want to do research on the areas I'm interested in. I love to gain knowledge about various areas of counseling and share that knowledge with others. Yet at times, it seems like I'm doing all of this research but have no idea how to bring it all together. This is probably because right now it's all jumbled up in my head.
So what am I focusing my research on at this current point in time? I'm researching how to on focus and organize my research! Of course this may be somewhat of a losing battle simply because I'm just adding more knowledge to the current jumble in my head. However, one of the points of researching various ideas is to add to one's knowledge, correct? If nothing else, I am doing that. So for now, I carry on with my research and hope that eventually I can turn it into something useful that will eventually help me graduate.
Plus I wanted to see how many times I could use a variant of the word research in a blog post. Current count, 16 times.


No comments:
Post a Comment