March 20, 2011

Another year has come and gone

It's been over a year since I last posted on this blog. A lot has happened in that time. I graduated with my Master's in counseling last December. Believe it or not, it still hasn't really hit me.



The little one also started kindergarten last August. He was so cute on his first day! He told me he wasn't nervous at all. He was actually very excited!

Before we walked into the cafeteria.

His favorite color at the time was green. He decided it was an absolute necessity that he have green shoes!
Lining up to go to class!
My little one in his big boy classroom!

















Then there's the fact that the little one lost his first tooth. He was so proud of that tooth and the Tooth Fairy brought him TWO WHOLE DOLLARS!!!


We also got a new puppy whom Jayden named Rosie. She's named after one of the six female engines on Thomas and Friends. Can you see the resemblance?




Rosie is an Austrailian Shepherd. I'm planning on training her so that I can use her in animal-assisted play therapy. More information about it can be found here. She's a beauty and about 4 months old and we absolutely love her! She's been great for Jayden however, she has a little bit more energy than I'm used to. Jayden is so laid back and calm. All I will say is that it's been a major adjustment in terms of energy I've been required to use!

Finally, since I've finished my counseling program, I'm working on finishing my teacher's certification. My original goal was to be a school counselor and one of the major requirements was that I teach for a minimum of two years. Some districts in Texas actually require three. So at this moment in time, I'm finishing my student teaching. I'm currently working with 5th graders in math and social studies. For the first half of the semester, I taught 4th grade English/Language Arts/ Reading (ELAR).

It's been an interesting experience so far, let me tell you! The hardest part for me this semester has been the fact that I cannot work. You would not believe how difficult it is to raise a child with no income! I cannot wait for the end of April so that I can start working!!!! At the same time I'm trying to study for the  National Counselor Exam (NCE) so that I can get my counseling license!

As I've said, it's been an interesting year so far! Can't wait to see what else is in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment